The CRA Ontario Board would like to thank our generous sponsors for their contribution to this years CRA Ontario 2017 Golf Tournament on September 19th, 2017! Your continued support of the Canadian rental industry is outstanding and we could not do it without you. Thank you!
Photos posted below of the great day we had!
CRA Ontario presents four awards each year, and nominations for 2015 are now open.
The awards will be presented at the CRA Ontario Banquet to be held Tuesday March 8, 2016 at the International Plaza Hotel, and the nomination deadline is December 18.
Three awards celebrate the best in the Ontario rental industry
The CRA Ontario awards program is now accepting nominations for its 2013 awards, to be presented at the March 18, 2014 Awards Banquet to be held at the Canadian Rental Mart
“The CRA Ontario awards program is a fantastic way to recognize the outstanding performance of our across the province,” said Dale Brinklow, president of the CRA Ontario board of directors.
There are 3 awards available through the CRA Ontario Awards Program, including:
• Image Award, General Tool
• Image and Innovation Award, Party and Special Event
• Supplier of the Year
The awards provide a great opportunity for any firm in Ontario to help distinguish the positive work they, or someone they know are doing in the Ontario rental industry.
Last year, winners included Tim’s Rent-All, for the Image Award, Location Equipment Supply for the Image and InnovationAward, and Wacker Neuson for the Supplier of the Year Award.
Nomination forms for each of the awards have been sent to members via email and are available at www.craontario.org/awards.
The deadline for nominations is January 31, 2014.
Following the successful launch and execution of National Rental Awareness Week, we have decided to launch a video contest!
The goal of the contest is two fold:
- To reach out to out CRA Members and build a library of videos that we can utilize on the CRA website and YouTube Channel.
- To promote your organization and the rental industry as a whole.
The winner of the contest will take home a prize package valued at more than $5,000, which includes a three-month PR campaign with High Impact Public Relations. This includes a full consultation, as well as a development of a strategy and execution of a plan to help promote your organization.
Here’s how the contest works:
- Develop a 30 second to three-minute video using your cell phone, camera or video camera. Please do not go over the three-minute mark.
- The goal of the video is to introduce your company and what it is you do, while keeping the viewer interested with a visual. Feel free to do a product demonstration, a tour of your office, or an on location event segment-showcasing set-up. Be creative! Remember, the goal is to promote your business and the rental industry. The segment can be fully informational or educational.
- As part of the video, please make sure to mention that you’re a member of the Canadian Rental Association. This could best be integrated at the beginning of your video as part of your introduction.
The deadline for video submissions is July 31st, 2013. A panel of CRA committee judges will review and score each video based on creativity and relevance to the rental industry. The winning video will be announced on August 16th, 2013.
Please submit your video files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If files are over 10mb size, please utilize yousendit.com or Dropbox (with a direct download).
We look forward to seeing your videos. Good luck!
The Cost of Doing Business Survey is designed to be easy. It’s also free and worthwhile — possibly netting you $2,000 in cash — if you take part by Sunday, March 31.
To keep your business growing and financially thriving, you need rental-specific information such as:
- Your total revenue per employee
- Your accounts receivable days
- Your return on assets, etc.
The simple and free way to get that type of information is by participating in the Cost of Doing Business Survey, which provides the data for the follow-up Cost of Doing Business Report — the financial benchmarking guide for the industry. Plus, if you participate in the survey by next Sunday, March 31, you are in the running to win $2,000.
There are three ways to participate:
- Complete the printed survey that was mailed to rental business members in the United States and Canada. Or
- Fill out your contact information and Part 1: General Questions on the survey, and return it with your financial statements. Return either the completed survey or part of the survey with your statements to Industry Insights via mail (Industry Insights, P.O. Box 4330, Dublin, OH 43016), fax (614-389-3816) or email (email@example.com). Or
- Go online and fill out the survey by going to ARArental.org/go/CODB.
Note that all surveys go directly to Industry Insights, the firm compiling the report. None of your data will be shared with the American Rental Association (ARA) or any other third party.
Cash and more benefits possible with early bird deadline participation:
Just by sending in your completed survey by the March 31 early bird deadline, you:
- Are automatically entered into the $1,000 early bird March 31 drawing and the $1,000 final April 30 drawing.
- Receive a FREE 2013 Cost of Doing Business Report — valued at $350.
- Receive a FREE online, customized Company Performance Report — valued at $200.
- Gain access to FREE on-demand reports and graphs.
To get started today, go to ARArental.org/go/CODB. Questions? Call ARA Member Services at 800-334-2177.
As the philanthropic organization for equipment rental, the ARA Foundation focuses on giving back and aiding the industry. Each year at The Rental Show, the Reception With a Purpose gives attendees their own opportunity to give back to the industry by supporting the Foundation.
This year’s Reception With a Purpose is Tuesday, Feb. 12, in Hall D at The Sands Expo and Convention Center. The highlight of the reception is the seventh annual charity auction, which will feature more than 30 items donated by The Rental Show’s exhibitors.
Norwich, ON – The Canadian Rental Association (CRA) Ontario is pleased to announce the election of four members to the Board of Directors at their biannual election meeting on April 20, 2011. The meeting was held at Split-Fire Sales in Norwich with 43 members in attendance.
Newly elected to the Board of Directors were members Paul Potvin of Location Equipment Supply, elected as 2nd Vice President; and Dennis Heathcote of D & K Imports, elected as Associate Member Director. Potvin and Heathcote were joined by Penny O’Sullivan of ABCO Equipment & Supplies, and Neil DeJong of Industrial Tools and Equipment Rentals, who were re-elected to the alternate roles of Secretary and Treasurer respectively. These members will join James Morden of Rentshop, succeeding DeJong as Chairperson; Mike Maltby of Ingersoll Rent-All, succeeding Morden as President; Dale Brinklow of Minden Hills Rent-All, succeeding Maltby as 1st Vice President; Ken Mallot of Kensal Rental Service, Director-at-large; and Jeff Campbell of St Thomas Rent-All, Ontario Director liaison to the CRA National Board of Directors.
Outgoing directors are James Urquhart, formerly of Huron Tractor, Associate Member Director; Peter Webster of McLean-Sherwood Party Rental & Supplies, Director-at-large; and Shirley McCormick, Secretary.
Mike Maltby, incoming President, stated, “These members were elected to serve on the Board of Directors by their fellow members of the association. The volunteer members elected to our board dedicate hours of their personal time for both board and committee meetings, in order to serve the members of CRA Ontario. I look forward to engaging the 2011 – 2013 Board of Directors as we work toward the betterment of the Ontario rental market, establish new benefits of membership in the association, and better communicate the existing benefits to our members.”
Canadian rental operators can learn how they compare with their peers throughout Canada and the United States, discover strategies for improvement and even become eligible to win cash and other prizes by participating in the Cost of Doing Business (CODB) Survey from the American Rental Association (ARA). Continue reading “How do you rank? Find out with the CODB Survey”