Following the successful launch and execution of National Rental Awareness Week, we have decided to launch a video contest!
The goal of the contest is two fold:
- To reach out to out CRA Members and build a library of videos that we can utilize on the CRA website and YouTube Channel.
- To promote your organization and the rental industry as a whole.
The winner of the contest will take home a prize package valued at more than $5,000, which includes a three-month PR campaign with High Impact Public Relations. This includes a full consultation, as well as a development of a strategy and execution of a plan to help promote your organization.
Here’s how the contest works:
- Develop a 30 second to three-minute video using your cell phone, camera or video camera. Please do not go over the three-minute mark.
- The goal of the video is to introduce your company and what it is you do, while keeping the viewer interested with a visual. Feel free to do a product demonstration, a tour of your office, or an on location event segment-showcasing set-up. Be creative! Remember, the goal is to promote your business and the rental industry. The segment can be fully informational or educational.
- As part of the video, please make sure to mention that you’re a member of the Canadian Rental Association. This could best be integrated at the beginning of your video as part of your introduction.
The deadline for video submissions is July 31st, 2013. A panel of CRA committee judges will review and score each video based on creativity and relevance to the rental industry. The winning video will be announced on August 16th, 2013.
Please submit your video files to email@example.com.
If files are over 10mb size, please utilize yousendit.com or Dropbox (with a direct download).
We look forward to seeing your videos. Good luck!
April 19, 2013 – The CRA Ontario wrapped up its season in style recently in Sudbury. More than 45 rental people made their ways up north for the afternoon store tours. The first stop was at Able Rental and Supply where Marc and Carolyn Lemieux and Terry Morin welcomed all to their store. Members were invited to tour the well-appointed showroom, service area and yard to see how Able looks after its customers.
On April 17, 2013 CRA Ontario Members gathered in Sudbury to tour 3 member stores: Able Rental & Supply, Pete’s Party Rentals, and SMS Rents and then moved to Dynamic Earth for our Board of Directors Elections.
Join us on April 17, 2013 for the final meeting of the Spring Season. This event features three rental yard tours covering both the construction and party/event segments of our industry, and will finish with a tour an dinner at Dynamic Earth.
Members in attendance will also have the opportunity to vote in our elections for the 2013-2015 Board of Directors.
To register complete the attached form and send it back to Paul Potvin at Location Equipment Supply.
On March 20th, 2013 CRA Ontario members gathered at Absolute Tent & Event Services in Toronto to hear Dan Kelly, President of the Canadian Federation of Independant Business speak about changes in the credit/debit card industry
The Cost of Doing Business Survey is designed to be easy. It’s also free and worthwhile — possibly netting you $2,000 in cash — if you take part by Sunday, March 31.
To keep your business growing and financially thriving, you need rental-specific information such as:
- Your total revenue per employee
- Your accounts receivable days
- Your return on assets, etc.
The simple and free way to get that type of information is by participating in the Cost of Doing Business Survey, which provides the data for the follow-up Cost of Doing Business Report — the financial benchmarking guide for the industry. Plus, if you participate in the survey by next Sunday, March 31, you are in the running to win $2,000.
There are three ways to participate:
- Complete the printed survey that was mailed to rental business members in the United States and Canada. Or
- Fill out your contact information and Part 1: General Questions on the survey, and return it with your financial statements. Return either the completed survey or part of the survey with your statements to Industry Insights via mail (Industry Insights, P.O. Box 4330, Dublin, OH 43016), fax (614-389-3816) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or
- Go online and fill out the survey by going to ARArental.org/go/CODB.
Note that all surveys go directly to Industry Insights, the firm compiling the report. None of your data will be shared with the American Rental Association (ARA) or any other third party.
Cash and more benefits possible with early bird deadline participation:
Just by sending in your completed survey by the March 31 early bird deadline, you:
- Are automatically entered into the $1,000 early bird March 31 drawing and the $1,000 final April 30 drawing.
- Receive a FREE 2013 Cost of Doing Business Report — valued at $350.
- Receive a FREE online, customized Company Performance Report — valued at $200.
- Gain access to FREE on-demand reports and graphs.
To get started today, go to ARArental.org/go/CODB. Questions? Call ARA Member Services at 800-334-2177.
The objectives of this Best Practices document are to:
- Educate the industry on the industry-recognized and supported standards, including the American National Standards Institute/Scaffold & Access Industry Association (ANSI/SAIA) A92 Standards and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Present best practices and minimum general training guidelines for AWP equipment operators.
- Emphasize the differences between general training and familiarization.
- Clarify minimum qualifications of the trainer.
To view the Table of Contents, click here.
This industry-created document addresses the proper use and regulatory compliance of personal fall protection (PFP) for aerial work platform (AWP) equipment.
The objectives of this document are to:
- Educate the industry on applicable Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and the industry-recognized and supported American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Standards.
- Provide information to assist users and operators during their selection process to identify the most appropriate PFP system for their job functions while operating AWP equipment.
- Inform the user and operator how to recognize and guard against the potential fall hazards associated with the use of AWP equipment.
- Encourage the incorporation of best practices for PFP with AWP equipment into a company’s fall protection plans.
Members may download a free copy of this document by clicking here.
The industry associations that contributed to the initiative include:
the American Rental Association (ARA), the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), the Associated Equipment Distributors (AED), the International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) and the Scaffold Industry Association (SIA).