This document addresses both weather-related and other emergencies. The objectives of this document are to:
- Underscore the fact that tents are not safe shelters in emergency situations.
- Educate all entities involved in tented events about their roles in ensuring the safe use of the equipment.
- Assist rental companies and their customers in understanding the industry’s best practices regarding measures to take when emergency situations occur during tented events.
- Encourage tent rental customers to prepare emergency evacuation plans for their events.
- Enhance the safe use of rented tents in order to reduce injuries from emergencies.
Party and event rental companies and tent manufacturers assisted ARA and ARA Insurance with developing content for this document.
This Statement of Best Practices of Emergency Evacuation Planning for Tented Events is available from ARA by Clicking Here